Vehicle Emissions Inspection Program
Welcome to VEIP! Testing sites are OPEN and operating normally.
MDOT MVA does NOT offer appointments for VEIP tests, just stop by at your convenience.
TEST MY VEHICLE:
- FIND a VEIP station - VEIP stations are open Monday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Tuesday and Wednesday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., and Saturdays 7 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- FIND a 24/7 VEIP Self-Service Kiosk - Self-service VEIP kiosk can be used with vehicles model year 2005 or newer (under 8,500 lbs) and model year 2008 or newer (less than 14,000 lbs.). Kiosks only accept credit cards. View a tutorial on how to use the VEIP kiosk.
- WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME? Please bring your vehicle registration card and the applicable fee to your nearest VEIP station or self-service VEIP kiosk. Full-service station fee - $14; Self-service kiosk fee (credit cards only) - $10
- GET a COPY of MY VEIP NOTICE - If a customers has received a mailed PAPER notice from VEIP, they can now download an electronic copy using the MDOT MVA Correspondence Manager.
GET an EXTENSTION, WAIVER, or EXEMPTION:
- REQUEST a VEIP EXTENSION - A VEIP extension provides you with some additional time to have your vehicle tested. To request an extension on the eStore, you must have the vehicle title number and the current vehicle tag number. Learn more on VEIP extension, waivers and exemptions here.
- REQUEST a VEIP WAIVER - A waiver eliminates the VEIP test requirements for the remainder of your vehicle's current test cycle (a test cycle typically lasts two years). Waivers are available for Out-of-Area Military, Senior Citizens, and Disabled. Conditions apply; based on eligibility. Customers must apply for a waiver with form EP-001 A. Learn more on VEIP extension, waivers and exemptions here.
- REQUEST a VEIP EXEMPTION - An exemption permanently eliminates the need for your vehicle to be tested because the vehicle meets certain criteria. Customers must apply for an exemption with form EP-001 A. Learn more on VEIP extension, waivers and exemptions here.
IMPORTANT VEIP INFORMATION & TROUBLESHOOTING:
Your VEIP test improves Maryland’s air and water quality! Although there are many sources of pollutants which form ground-level ozone, automobiles and light trucks remain the major source of pollution in Maryland. In keeping our cars and trucks are properly maintained in accordance with manufacturer recommendations, and
VEIP is PROTECTING YOUR HEALTH & the ENVIRONMENT:
having your vehicle tested every two years, you're playing an important part in the ongoing efforts to create a healthier Maryland for all of us.
Maryland Motor Vehicle
Vehicle Emissions Inspection Program (VEIP)
6601 Ritchie Highway, NE
Glen Burnie, MD 21062
Customer Service Center: