Driver and Vehicle Information - Reports and Documents

As a Maryland licensed driver and/or the owner of a Maryland titled vehicle, you may purchase a variety of products that provide information about both your driving history and your vehicle(s).  It is also permissible for certain qualified customers such as the police or an insurance company to obtain information about you and your vehicle.  For details about Maryland’s privacy rules related to the sale of MVA information, see the brochure entitled Protecting Your Privacy.

What information products can I purchase?

You may request various records and documents from the MVA .
Commonly requested information includes:
  • 3-year driving record – information on your driving record covering the past 3 years.
  • Complete driving history – information on your driving record dating back to when you received your license.
  • Vehicle registration record – information about your vehicle.
  • Title file – copies of the forms received by the MVA when your vehicle was titled.
  • Driver’s license application – copies of the forms received by the MVA when you applied for your driver’s license.
When you purchase either a report or a document, you may request that it be “certified.” A certified report or document is similar in appearance to an uncertified report or document.  However, it is stamped by the MVA and is acknowledged by courts to be an official MVA document.

How do I obtain a copy of my driving record?

There are several ways that you can obtain a copy of your driving record:

  1. You can request your driving record onlin​e, pay the required fee using either American Express, Discover Card, MasterCard, Mobile Wallet Pay​, ​Visa, or an electronic check and​ it will be mailed to the address on record at the MVA or you can download and print the record online, or
  2. You can fill out an MVA Request for Record (form #DR-057) at any MVA branch office when you present valid identification and pay the required fee, or
  3. If you have an out of state license or ID and you need a copy of your Maryland record, you will have to use this form: MVA Request for Record (form #DR-057​) and mail it with your check or money order made out to the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration, Driver Services Division, 6601 Ritchie Highway, NE, Glen Burnie, Maryland 21062.

How does a business obtain driver or vehicle records?

​A business can subscribe to one or more of the MVA's online services to access driver or vehicle records. For an application/information packet, visit, or if you have a question, call our vendor NIC USA 410-990-1090.

Are you requesting a report or document for someone other than yourself?

Customers must submit one of the following documents:
  • Letter of authorization signed by the driver or vehicle’s owner – The letter must clearly state that the customer (requestor) has the driver or vehicle owner’s permission to obtain the report/document.
  • Power of attorney  (VR-470​) – The form must specifically mention the customer (requestor). A copy of the registered owner(s) state issued identification must accompany the Power of Attorney and the person submitting must present their state issued identification.​ ​ 
  • Employment application from the customer.
  • Credit application from the customer.
  • Subpoena or court order.
  • Request letter on an authorized (by the Driver Privacy Protection Act – DPPA) entity’s letterhead – an authorized representative of the agency or company should sign the letter.
  • Business card from a DPPA authorized entity (in-person requests only) – Both the entity’s name and the customer’s (requestor’s) name must appear on the business card.  As mentioned above the customer also will need to show proof of identity.
  • Payment check with a DPPA authorized entity’s name imprinted on it.


  • There is a fee for each non-certified report or document and a slightly higher fee for each certified report or document.
  • If you request a search for a document that cannot be found, you will still be charged the non-certified or certified fee amount, depending upon your request. Note however, that there is no charge if you visit an MVA office and the MVA employee verbally informs you that the requested report or document cannot be found.
  • Law enforcement and government entities are not charged a fee.

Contact Information:

To obtain blank request forms:
FAX on Demand system - 410-424-3050 Catalogue #20

Mailing address for vehicle reports/documents:
Title File Unit - Data Management
6601 Ritchie Highway, NE
Glen Burnie, MD 21062 
For telephone questions:
MVA Customer Service Center:
TTY/Hearing Impaired:

Driver Licensing Questions | Driver Record Questions​ | Low Speed Vehicle Questions | Mail-In Renewal Questions | Moped and Motor Scooter Questions | MVA E-Mail Questions | Title VI Questions | Vehicle Registration and Titling Questions​​ | Real ID FAQ​