3-Hour Alcohol and Drug Education Program
If you are an applicant for a Maryland driver’s license you must complete the 3-hour alcohol and drug education program before you can receive the license if you:
- currently possess a driver's license from another country.
- currently possess an Armed Forces License only.
Note that persons who currently possess a driver’s license from another state in the United States, a U.S. territory, Canada or the Yukon territory do not have to attend this program.
What do I have to do if I am required to attend this program?
- You must contact a 3-hour alcohol and drug education program provider directly to sign-up.
- When you have successfully completed the program and you have provided the school with a Maryland Soundex number, the certified Driving School will submit the 3 Hour Alcohol and Drug Education Certificate completion information to the MVA electronically.
- If you do not have a Maryland Soundex number and you have completed the 3 Hour Alcohol and Drug Education program, a certificate with a control number will be issued to you.
- It is recommended that you confirm with the school which method that they will use for certifying your completion of the program.
- Take the certificate with you when you apply to the MVA for your driver’s license.
How may I obtain a list of the 3-hour alcohol and drug education program providers?
- There is a fee that can be charged for the 3 Hour Alcohol and Drug Education Program. Please contact the program provider for exact cost.
- Payments should be made directly to the program provider.
Driver Instructional Services Division (DISD)
6601 Ritchie Highway
Glen Burnie, MD 21062
For telephone questions:
Fax on Demand (Catalogue #14) - 410-424-3050
MVA Customer Service Center: 1-410-768-7000
TTY/Hearing Impaired: 1-301-728-4563
[Go to infoMVA Home]