Request for Disabled Parking Space in Residential Area

If you or someone living in your home has a disability, you may be able to reserve a parking space near your home. The steps for you to follow in requesting the action are described below:

  • If you do not live in Baltimore City, you should request an Application for Personal Residential Permit for Reserved Parking Space from the MVA. You may obtain the form: If you live in Baltimore City, contact the Parking Authority

    Note: If you are requesting a space on behalf of a private business or an apartment or condominium complex, you must contact your local county government, rather than the MVA.
  • When you receive the application, complete and return it. The MVA Investigation and Security Services (ISS) division will review the application to see whether any of the following conditions exist that may disqualify your request:
    • Your doctor certifies your disability is not permanent;
    • Your residence is located in a private community or is located on a private roadway;
    • Off-street parking is already available (e.g., garage, driveway, parking pad);
    • No member of your household has a Maryland registered vehicle; OR,
    • Your residence is on a street where parking is prohibited.
  • If your application is accepted, the MVA Investigation and Security Services (ISS) division will mail a medical certification form to your doctor to verify your disability.
  • The MVA Investigation and Security Services unit will conduct a site visit.
  • If everything is acceptable, you will receive a letter and stickers for up to 2 different vehicles. In Baltimore County, the county traffic division makes the final decision on reserving a space and will notify you.
  • Disabled parking signs will be installed within 30 days after the letter of approval is sent.
  • If your request is denied, you will receive a letter with information about how to appeal the decision.


  • There is no fee charged to reserve the parking space.
  • If you live in Baltimore County and appeal the county traffic division's denial of your request,
    you will be charged a processing fee. Contact the Baltimore County Traffic Division for the
    fee amount.

Contact Information:

  • MVA
    Investigation and Security Services (ISS) Division

    6601 Ritchie Highway
    Glen Burnie, MD 21062

    FAX on Demand (Catalogue #28) – 410-424-3050
    MVA Customer Service Center:    1-410-768-7000
    TTY/Hearing Impaired:                 1-301-729-4563

  • For Baltimore County residents ONLY, contact the following office:
    Baltimore County Traffic Division
    Bureau of Traffic Engineers and Transportation Planning
    111 West Chesapeake Avenue
    Towson, MD 21204

[ infoMVA Home   |   Disability Parking ]​