GLEN BURNIE, MD (March 8, 2023) – The Maryland Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Administration announced today it has surpassed one million myMVA accounts, the latest milestone in the mission to serve all Maryland residents with premier customer service. Launched in December 2021 with the agency’s Customer Connect modernization project, myMVA allows customers to access driver and vehicle information in real time, as well as complete an array of services online.
“The Motor Vehicle Administration continues to expand its services in the branches and online to ensure they are accessible to our customers,” said Administrator Chrissy Nizer. “One million myMVA accounts is a huge accomplishment, and we’re excited to see that number grow as we continue to spread the word about using myMVA to make services more convenient for all Marylanders.”
Fast Facts from myMVA
- Top Services: The most frequent services conducted via myMVA include change of address requests, vehicle registration renewals and driver’s license and identification card replacements.
- Saved Trips: Customers saved more than 950,000 trips to an MVA branch office by using their myMVA account to accomplish transactions. Those customers helped themselves and others – by conducting business online, they helped the agency serve customers who require a branch visit more quickly and efficiently. Today, the Motor Vehicle Administration serves 85% of customers visiting its branches within 15 minutes.
- Accessibility for All: Nearly 70% of myMVA users are between the ages of 25 and 59. However, customers of all ages have enrolled in myMVA, including about 80 centenarians.
In addition to driver and vehicle information, myMVA allows to customers to review their REAL ID status, view copies of any correspondence the agency has sent, check vehicle emissions inspection program deadlines and complete more than 60 transactions online including:
- Driver’s License Renewals,
- Identification Card Renewals,
- Vehicle Registration Renewals,
- Temporary Registrations,
- Vehicle Title and Registration Applications,
- Duplicate/Additional Registration Cards,
- License Plate Purchase/Replacements,
- Insurance Information and Compliance Payments,
- Title Replacements,
- Disability Products,
- Change of Address,
- Driving Records,
- Information on Administrative Flag Fees,
- VEIP Test Date Extensions and
- Substitute Stickers.
Customers are encouraged to sign up today for a myMVA account to take advantage of those services. The agency has a video tutorial on how to create an account here. To encourage more Marylanders to enroll, customers who have appointments for branch visits this Thursday, March 9, will receive an informational magnet after completing their transaction, explaining the easy steps to create a myMVA account for future transactions.
The agency also recently launched ContactMVA, giving customers a secure and private way to communicate with the Motor Vehicle Administration. ContactMVA can be accessed by creating a myMVA account or logging into an existing account.
Website | Facebook | Twitter