GLEN BURNIE, MD (September 1, 2022) - The Maryland Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Administration (MDOT MVA) will close all branch offices and Vehicle Emission Inspection Program (VEIP) stations Monday, September 5, in observance of Labor Day. MDOT MVA branch offices will reopen for normal operations by appointment only on Tuesday, September 6. VEIP testing will also resume Tuesday, September 6 and does not require an appointment.
MDOT MVA self-service VEIP kiosks, online services, and 24-hour kiosks will be available throughout the holiday weekend. Customers are encouraged to sign up for a myMVA account to take advantage of the many services available online. With a myMVA account, customers can access their driver’s license information including their REAL ID status, check their vehicle registration status, view MDOT MVA correspondence, check their vehicle emissions inspection program deadlines and complete online services including:
- Driver’s License Renewals,
- Identification Card Renewals,
- Vehicle Registration Renewals,
- Temporary Registration,
- Vehicle Title and Registration Applications,
- Duplicate/Additional Registration Cards,
- License Plate Purchase/Replacement,
- Insurance Information and Compliance Payments,
- Title Replacements,
- Disability Products,
- Change of Address,
- Driving Records,
- Information on Administrative Flag Fees,
- VEIP Test Date Extension and
- Substitute Stickers.
All MDOT MVA branch offices and VEIP stations are closed on dates in accordance with the state holiday calendar. A complete list of closings can be found here.