GLEN BURNIE, MD (June 15, 2023) - The Maryland Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Administration will close all branch offices and Vehicle Emission Inspection Program (VEIP) stations Monday, June 19, in observance of the Juneteenth holiday. Motor Vehicle Administration branch offices will reopen for normal operations by appointment only Tuesday, June 20. VEIP testing will also resume June 20 and does not require an appointment.
Motor Vehicle Administration self-service VEIP kiosks, online services, and 24-hour kiosks will be available throughout the holiday weekend. Customers are encouraged to sign up for a myMVA account to take advantage of the many services available online. With a myMVA account, customers can access their driver’s license information including their REAL ID status, check their vehicle registration status, view Motor Vehicle Administration correspondence, check their vehicle emissions inspection program deadlines and complete online services including:
- Driver’s License Renewals,
- Identification Card Renewals,
- Vehicle Registration Renewals,
- Temporary Registration,
- Vehicle Title and Registration Applications,
- Duplicate/Additional Registration Cards,
- License Plate Purchase/Replacement,
- Insurance Information and Compliance Payments,
- Title Replacements,
- Disability Products,
- Change of Address,
- Driving Records,
- Information on Administrative Flag Fees,
- VEIP Test Date Extension and
- Substitute Stickers.
All Motor Vehicle Administration branch offices and VEIP stations are closed on dates in accordance with the state holiday calendar. A complete list of closings can be found here.