GLEN BURNIE, MD (February 17, 2022) - The Maryland Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Administration (MDOT MVA) will close all branch offices and Vehicle Emission Inspection Program (VEIP) stations on Monday, February 21, in observance of Presidents’ Day. MDOT MVA branch offices will reopen for normal operations by appointment only, on Tuesday, February 22. VEIP testing will also resume on Tuesday, February 22 and does not require an appointment.
MDOT MVA self-service VEIP kiosks, online services, and 24-hour kiosks will be available through the holiday. Customers are encouraged to check the MDOT myMVA eServices – during the closure and during normal operating hours – to take advantage of many services available from the comfort and safety of home, including:
- Duplicate/Additional Registration Cards,
- Insurance Information and Compliance Payments,
- Vehicle Title and Registration Applications,
- Vehicle Registration Renewals,
- Identification Card Renewals,
- Title Replacements,
- Disability Products,
- Change of Address,
- Driving Records,
- License Plate Purchase/Replacement,
- Temporary Registration,
- Information on Administrative Flag Fees,
- VEIP Test Date Extension,
- Driver’s License Renewals and
- Substitute Stickers.
In accordance with guidance issued by Governor Larry Hogan, effective February 22, MDOT MVA customers and staff are no longer required to wear masks at branch offices and VEIP stations statewide. Masks are strongly recommended for employees and visitors who are unvaccinated. For more information about MDOT MVA’s response to COVID-19 and additional resources, visit MVA.Maryland.gov.