Silver Spring, MD (August 15, 2017) – Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT) Secretary Pete K. Rahn today joined MDOT Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) Administrator Christine E. Nizer at Leisure World to celebrate the 20th anniversary and new design of the MDOT MVA Mobile Bus.
“The MDOT MVA Mobile Bus truly delivers on Governor Hogan’s promise to provide premier customer service to all Marylanders,” said Secretary Rahn.
Over the past 20 years, the Mobile Bus has consistently achieved 100 percent customer satisfaction. Since MDOT MVA began collecting data in 2002, the Mobile Bus completed 192,702 transactions through June 2017. The Mobile Bus helps Maryland residents obtain products and services they need at a convenientone-stop-location. This service provides one more option ‑ along with our website, self-service kiosks, telephone services and mail-in processes ‑ to conduct MDOT MVA business.
“MDOT MVA is proud to provide these convenient services directly to the residents of Maryland,” said Administrator Nizer. “The MDOT MVA Mobile Bus allows customers to complete their transactions at their convenience, giving them precious time back in their day.”
The MDOT MVA Mobile Bus offers the following services:
- Renewing, duplicating, and correcting a Maryland driver’s license, commercial driver’s license, or identification card;
- Obtaining a copy of certified driving record;
- Obtaining disability placards/plates;
- Returning tags and applying for a tag refund;
- Applying for a change of address card;
- Renewing a vehicle registration;
- Obtaining replacement plates, stickers, and registrations;
- Paying administration flag fees;
- Registering to vote; and
- Registering as an organ donor.
The Mobile Bus was first introduced in 1997 at the Patuxent River Naval Base. Since then, services have been expanded to other locations.
- Social Security Administration in Woodlawn in Baltimore County (Next visit: September 6 &7);
- Ocean City in Worcester County (Next visit: September 19);
- Chestertown in Kent County (Next visit: September 11 &12);
- Friendship Heights Village Council in Chevy Chase, Montgomery County (Next visit: August 21);
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Prince George’s County (Next visit: August 17);
- MDOT MVA locations as needed throughout the state.
The new bus design features the MDOT MVA’s “A New Way to MVA” campaign, which emphasizes the various online services offered to customers. More information about MDOT MVA Mobile Bus, online services.